Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

semick_15 asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Tooth pain after filling?

I had had some cavitys filled a little over a week ago on my top right back teeth. Prior to this I didn't have any tooth pain. After having the fillings done I have had tooth pain when chewing on that side with those teeth. There is also some sensitivity to cold food/drinks. After a few minutes the pain will go away and be fine as long as I'm not chewing or exposing the teeth to something cold. Sometimes I will feel a very dull pain if I push/rub my tongue against the outside edge of my teeth. Throughout the day I have no pain unless I do something to aggravate those teeth. The tooth pain when I feel it seems about the same as the day I got the Fillings done, maybe a very little bit better. Otc painkillers help but its still a bit difficult to chew on that side still. 

Is this normal or should I have the dentist look at it? Thanks for your time and help!

i would ask your dentist about it