Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

Have I accidently shared personal information? ?

I recently got asked to fill in a survey for work about our health and wellbeing in these times. It had questions about how stressed we are and how productive we are at the moment. I filled it in honestly and added comments to say I was feeling stressed/anxious at the moment, had taken time off work and also spoke about feeling uncomfortable when employees don't wear masks. 

After completing it, I re-read the email and noticed it stated "you must not share personal information about yourself or others". I'm confused because asking how stressed you are is surely personal information?

But I've realised I shouldn't have shared as much in the comments and now I'm worried what they will say to me and whether this is too much personal information, especially about myself. 

Should I email them and explain I misunderstood or leave it and hope for the best? I'm just wondering what action they would take for me disregarding the rules on this. 

Favorite Answer

Generally, personal information, in this context, means information that enables you or others to be identified.

E.g. "it upsets me that my co-workers in the XYZ section of the company don't wear masks."

Identifies you and co workers.

"it upsets me that my co-workers in this section of the company don't wear masks."

Is non identifying.

I'd leave it.  And i can't believe they don't have to wear masks where you work

i would hope not