Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Am I being a jerk towards these people?

Whenever someone is being mean or rude to me I have the habit of apologizing to them for doing something that has caused them to be mean or rude to me, I want them to know that I don't mean to do something to make them to act this way towards me, I also want them to know that I think of them as good people.

Favorite Answer

No.  You are giving them the benefit of the doubt that you possibly did something to invite their rude behavior.  Its a humble approach and really not uncommon (amongst Southerners).

Why do you apologize for something that isn't even your fault?  You need to work on your self-esteem issues and learn to stand-up for yourself.

Your approach is something a sniveling coward would do. You must either have very low self-esteem or be severely mentally retarded.  Ask your doctor for a prescription for the drug Growacet.  

i dont think so, theyre the ones being jerks