Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

What car can I afford?

As a nurse (rn) can I afford a Mercedes Benz G wagon or a Range Rover?

Wrong category.   

If it were me, personally, I would march my little azz down to the Volvo dealership buy me a station wagon and Volvo-drive the sh*t outta that soccer mom thing.

• Rita

There's no perfect formula for how much you can afford, but our short answer is that your new-car payment should be no more than 15% of your monthly take-home pay. If you're leasing or buying used, it should be no more than 10%.

Depends on where you live and your salary. I don’t think a RN can afford a car like that, I think you would need to be a nurse practitioner since they have a higher salary than RN’s  

not very likely, no.  your income is unlikely to be higher in future years than it has been in the past full work year ... you NEED to keep total payments of all sorts [that's rent, utilities, cell, car, insurances, other debt, etc.] to within less than 60pc of income ... and 50pc would be better.  remember, the tax collector gets paid FIRST no matter what you do

• MS

It depends on your salary as a nurse.  There can be quite a large salary range for nurses, and it also varies with experience.  It would also depend on your other expenses; if you're otherwise living modestly, then you might be able to afford such a car.

if not you can definitely nurse

a famous grouse

MAYBE IF YOU HAVE 68K$:

i would just get whichever one you want