Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

What car can I afford?

As a nurse (rn) can I afford a Mercedes Benz G wagon or a Range Rover?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Wrong category.   

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If it were me, personally, I would march my little azz down to the Volvo dealership buy me a station wagon and Volvo-drive the sh*t outta that soccer mom thing.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There's no perfect formula for how much you can afford, but our short answer is that your new-car payment should be no more than 15% of your monthly take-home pay. If you're leasing or buying used, it should be no more than 10%.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on where you live and your salary. I don’t think a RN can afford a car like that, I think you would need to be a nurse practitioner since they have a higher salary than RN’s  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

not very likely, no.  your income is unlikely to be higher in future years than it has been in the past full work year ... you NEED to keep total payments of all sorts [that's rent, utilities, cell, car, insurances, other debt, etc.] to within less than 60pc of income ... and 50pc would be better.  remember, the tax collector gets paid FIRST no matter what you do

• MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on your salary as a nurse.  There can be quite a large salary range for nurses, and it also varies with experience.  It would also depend on your other expenses; if you're otherwise living modestly, then you might be able to afford such a car.

• 2 months ago

if not you can definitely nurse

a famous grouse

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

MAYBE IF YOU HAVE 68K$:

• 2 months ago

i would just get whichever one you want

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.