Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Got a message from my EX today (no contact) Help and Advice?

Hi guys so basically me and my girlfriend broke up on Thursday last week and i told her that i didnt really want to speak to her because i need time and space (at this point i didnt know if the no contact rule) So i never mentioned anything to her about the no contact rule. Soo today i got a message from her and it goes like this....

EX hey! how is your games going? and how are you holding upME hii yeah the games are going alright tbh, im starting to enjoy cs more and more again. Im doing good thanks actually, been catching up with a few frinds who i ahvent spoken to in a while. How about youEX oh thats nice ! saw you were grinding a bit! uhm, i have been alright, thinking about everything a lot, did you manage your tests and everything :D been contemplating to message you or not for a few days (i think thats a word)ME Yeah im trying to just play to enjoy right now, not really too fussed about elo. Got both of my tests and have done one of them and it was negative. yeah i get youEx oh thats good !! i think you win more when you dont care about elo hahaMe yeah for sure, ive got a game right now so im gonna goEX alright glhf!

Update:

Did i do the right thing, is there any advice for me

I heard that during no contact you should reply briefly if she asks you how are you doing ect ect but only very briefly and ask short questions. I do love her still for sure and im certain that she still loves me. Our breakup was complicated but she didnt breakup with me because she fell out of love with me, and no i didnt cheat on her, im fairly sure i did nothing wrong, it was just a LDR and yeah. Let me know what you guys think.Thank you.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

She misses you because it's been one week. You told her you need space. One week is not really longer enough.

Question is she a good fit for you or would you be better with someone else. If the reason it ended for a break never going to change and too much for you to bare with. If so then you have your answer. Need to thinking logically her avoiding the romantic ties you have with her.

For example if you're car was failing regularly but you love it then it's not worth keeping.

• 2 months ago

Ok, lets cut out the rambling and get to the gist of it-

The reason for the breakup, is basically the stressors being too much of not be able to be in the same room/town right? Ok, that's a very valid reason, and its a very common issue in LDR relationships. The reason I bring this up, is because until one of you moves to the others hometown, this relationship is just not going to work out, I need you to be aware of this.

It sounds to me that you failed to communicate properly what you want from her! You told her you needed time/space, at no point did you specifcally say that you wanted zero contact from her ever again. In her mind, she doesn't know what YOU want, she has given you space, she hasn't pressured you to resume the relationship, she has kept her distance since the breakup.

The way I see it is YOU need to be real honest with yourself about what you truly want from her, because its not fair to her to lead her on because you don't have the emotional maturity needed to do right by her. You have three choices here:

1- Decide you want a clean break, which means you never speak to her again (vice versa)

2- Be friends with her

3- Decide you want to try again

Once you are honest with yourself, then you will be honest with her! Express to her directly what you want! I think if she had it her way you guys would resume the relationship, however, she cares enough about you to respect the other two options that are on the table.

Best of luck.

• 2 months ago

thats up to you if you want to answer her back

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Have a nice day in Trollville.

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

So formatting is a thing. When you present a wall of incoherent text without proper formatting it is very hard to follow. Obseve

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu

See, that's pretty rough. Also stop being weak. Make a decision and mean it. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe she misses you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.