Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Is dating and asking a girl out much much harder these days?

I think this is a special time for women, they have much more freedom and political and economic power, eventually we will see a woman President soon, which is great.  I just wonder though if single people especially guys will be too afraid to flirt or ask a girl out.  I know that in China, a lot of the millennials are not settling down and remaining to be single for some reason.  I think U.S. might do the same....believe it or not, U.S. and China do have some similarities.

• Favorite Answer

Yes. Nowadays girls want money, the guy to have a car, and an income from a guy before they even consider anything. That's besides looks and some personality that they care about.

It is happening way more than you think across the world, not just this country. Back in the day, all you had to be as a guy to impress a girl was be a decent, kind, loving individual. Now they want to take every last penny you have or not date you oftentimes.

I can relate- I'm in a mental health facility without a job or a car, and I have been very friendly and open to girls without any luck. Meanwhile I have neighbors with loving wives that do drugs and alcohol and are abusive to people, but again, a girl, even a decent one, cares more about money these days than how a guy behaves. It's just sad.

Hope this helped. Peace and blessings.

It wasn't easy at any point in my lifetime and it shouldn't in any case be presumed that men should ask women out rather than the other way round.

"These days" compared to when? At times in the past, if you even wanted to court a woman, you would need permission from her father. If you didn't have the right status credentials, then it was never going to happen anyway. If you did get the agreement to court her, and ended up marrying her, you might be stuck in a loveless marriage without the possibility of divorce. 

it might be for some people