Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why are MY side- (relatives and mates-wise), making such a bloody song and dance about something that's a non-issue to my girlfriend and I?

My girlfriend's mum's said she "literally can't wait" for the day that I become her son-in-law, and the rest of my girl's family and mates are all so supportive of us. Her mum's said that watching us and how we act round one another, and listening to how we talk and relate to one another, it's obvious to her that we're "made for each other". However, it's a different story in MY camp, where my mum and dad, several other relatives, and several of my mates have all told me that my girl's "far too young" for me and that "It'll never work!" My girl's twenty- (almost twenty-one), so definitely an adult in my eyes AND in the eyes of the law, and I'm twenty-one years older than her, at almost forty-two. The thing is that if any of you were to ever meet the two of us- (as a couple), and see us together, you'd see how happy and complete we make one another feel, so why are MY side making such a bloody song and dance about something what's so bloody trivial to my girl and I? We don't even think about it. It's not a problem to us. 

Favorite Answer

you need to ask them this question

You're a moron and your 'girlfriend' probably doesn't even exist. She's probably just a hallucination, judging by how you're coming off. You sound mentally unstable and I suggest that you seek urgent psychiatric help, before you hurt or even kill someone. 

I think a bigger issue is why you care enough to ask this?  My husband's family VEHEMENTLY disapproved of our marriage.  I am younger than two of his daughters.  We've been married for 10 years.  I never cared what his family thought.  Why are you lining up "MY" side and "HER" side.  I thought she was probably a very adult 21 if you are 21 years her senior.  Apparently not.  Apparently you are very IMMATURE, and that's why you're on the same level.

• mokrie

So in 10 to 15 years when your too tired to go dancing or your losing your teeth and hair you'll be okay with your wife cheating on you with a 30 year old guy.....