Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

I want to start knitting, how long would it take before I could make a full on knitted sweatshirt?

I feel like I'd need to knit scarves, beanies and other things before I get to the sweater, but how long would it take?

• Depends on how fast you pick up knitting and how quickly you can knit. 

Scarves and beanies used to take me any where from a day or two to a couple of weeks, depending on how complex the pattern was. 

A sweater took me about a month, with an easy pattern. Not that I'm a slow knitter, I work full time, I don't have a lot of time to knit. :(

• drip

Depends on how fast you pick up knitting stitches and how talented you are at knitting. You also need to be able to read a knittting pattern. 

You need to learn how to sew knitted seams together. 

Join ravelry.   Look for patterns that say easy or beginner.  It is also a great sight to help you keep track of your yarn and the work you have done.

https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

Beginners - not sure if you have easy access to an experienced knitter who can pick up your slipped stitches.  My first sweater took 3 years to finish - I had to wait and take it to my mom every time I slipped a stitch.  My sister, after years of experience, can knit a sweater in a week or less.