Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

I want to start knitting, how long would it take before I could make a full on knitted sweatshirt?

I feel like I'd need to knit scarves, beanies and other things before I get to the sweater, but how long would it take?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Depends on how fast you pick up knitting and how quickly you can knit. 

Scarves and beanies used to take me any where from a day or two to a couple of weeks, depending on how complex the pattern was. 

A sweater took me about a month, with an easy pattern. Not that I'm a slow knitter, I work full time, I don't have a lot of time to knit. :(

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on how fast you pick up knitting stitches and how talented you are at knitting. You also need to be able to read a knittting pattern. 

You need to learn how to sew knitted seams together. 

Join ravelry.   Look for patterns that say easy or beginner.  It is also a great sight to help you keep track of your yarn and the work you have done.

https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

• 2 months ago

Beginners - not sure if you have easy access to an experienced knitter who can pick up your slipped stitches.  My first sweater took 3 years to finish - I had to wait and take it to my mom every time I slipped a stitch.  My sister, after years of experience, can knit a sweater in a week or less.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.