Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Do YA accounts really ever get suspended? ?

If so, what would cause an account to be suspended? I ask because I see lots of nasty comments on YA and the users seem to be untouchable. 

Favorite Answer

Yes, they really did get suspended lot. Verizon. Is STILL suspending account , but not as often. Yes, you CAN STILL appeal an account suspension. You have to log into the suspended email account. The ema account is fine. It is just blocked from participating on YA. 

The cause is lots of your questions or answers being reported, you not appealing those deletions, and once enough questions or?answers were reported, that would automatically trigger an account suspension. However, eventually,  if more than 20 question or answers we re reported by the SAME email accounts in a 7 day period, additional reports wound be ignored by the server computers. Yahoo became aware that certain people's questions?and answers were being targeted and falsely reported by specific YA users. I suspect Verizon is now well aware of the history of specific YA users. 

Edit: In the last 2 hours I've lost 10npoints, then regained the?10 points and gained another 20 points, but only ONE additional answer was chosen/best Answer. Verizon DOES seem to be monitoring specific ema Ccounts of people whose email accounts really have been excessively and obsessively targeted for over 10 YEARS. The more sarcastic thumbs up this answer gets CONFIRMS my point.

There has been some old and iconic accounts that has bit the dust recently along with some known Trolls. None of us knows of of our own mortality and we post from day to day wondering if we will be the next. Cheating such as using one account to give a thumbs up or worse a favourite answer to another account is perhaps is the main reason for being suspended. This is why I am very careful with the one other account I have. They are strictly treated as two seperate accounts.

yup, lost mine last month, mainly because of helpful non-answers. Almost half a million points...

So now I report violations without notifying why...

Yes people are suspended,  but keep in mind, those that get suspended, are probably being suspended for using  MULTIPLE accounts to stalk and harass other users. 

and what Yahoo does is suspend ONE of their accounts, but NOT the other 5 or 10 or 15......so the abuse simply continues , unabated. 

But occasionally, the troll does lose an account or two. 

Not that they care,  as they just make 5 new  ones and   the show goes on. 

• Daniel

They do get Suspended if they are Caught Breaking the Rules 

Yes, one very well known, long term user had her account suspended recently and had to make a new one. She was often rude to users so maybe that was the reason. 

yes, i once got suspended , and i appealed it and got it back but i never found out why

Yes. Getting "reported" a lot is what causes it to get suspended. This place is run by the users. No one sees the "reports", trolls just use multiple accounts to flag a question or answer and it gets deleted.