Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Becca asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I’m a woman that wants to start building muscle and toning up my body. Details below. How and where do I start?

Im 21, 5,3 and 136 pounds. I’ve struggled with body image as long as I could remember. About a year ago, I started dieting, and working out lightly. I found myself exhausted after work it’s not having energy to do anything else the rest of the day. I later discovered I had probably screwed my metabolism from the calorie deficit I was on to lose weight. Though I did lose the weight, I’m left eating 800-1200 calories a day and I’m skinny fat. I know I have potential to gain muscle because I have a “thicker” body shape if that makes sense. I’m just not toned and would love to build some muscle and recomposition my body, but I don’t know how to start. I have heard of reverse dieting but, I had the thought that if I worked out and ate more protein and a balanced diet, I’d be able to turn that extra weight into muscle. Any advice will help. Thank you!!!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.