Becca asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I’m a woman that wants to start building muscle and toning up my body. Details below. How and where do I start?

Im 21, 5,3 and 136 pounds. I’ve struggled with body image as long as I could remember. About a year ago, I started dieting, and working out lightly. I found myself exhausted after work it’s not having energy to do anything else the rest of the day. I later discovered I had probably screwed my metabolism from the calorie deficit I was on to lose weight. Though I did lose the weight, I’m left eating 800-1200 calories a day and I’m skinny fat. I know I have potential to gain muscle because I have a “thicker” body shape if that makes sense. I’m just not toned and would love to build some muscle and recomposition my body, but I don’t know how to start. I have heard of reverse dieting but, I had the thought that if I worked out and ate more protein and a balanced diet, I’d be able to turn that extra weight into muscle. Any advice will help. Thank you!!!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.