Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Husband is jealous what to do?

My husband I believe is jealous. He has us going to this church for about 4 years we have been attending. It’s a small church so everyone knows mostly everyone. Well we have a texting chat group with all the members on it just to keep in touch with everyone. The pastor who is married replied with a thumbs up to a message to a question he asked and I replied back to him thanking him. Now don’t get me wrong back in the day I did thought he was a good looking man but definitely nothing more than that. My husband got a little jealous and said I saw y’all messaging each other go ahead and love him more than me.. I told my husband he’s mistaken and I only responded because he responded to me and it was a harmless message and not the first time he responded to one of my messages. My husband is taking this too far nothing is going on. I Don’t understand why he’s jealous. I think it’s hilarious that he’s jealous when he talks crap about me all the time about being lazy etc. what should I do to reassure my husband not to be jealous?

• ?

Funny, I don't find it "hilarious" that you're married to a man-boy like this. This is the kind of petulance good parents try to train five year-olds out of. 

This appears from your posting history to happen every three months, sort of on a planned cycle.  I'd suggest that y'all speak to a therapist.  I'm pretty interested in why you married a man who talks crap abut you "all the time" and has been doing so for - again, judging by your posting history - for over 5 months.

"I saw y’all messaging each other go ahead and love him more than me."

Eww.  Why did you marry this guy?  On the above, this actually made me cringe.  It might sound fine coming from a 16 year old, but this is rude, stupid, annoying and passive aggressive.  You also sound a bit immature with your response.  Instead of defending yourself, why not ask him why he's acting like an insecure teen?

And then he talks crap about you all the time?  None of this is hilarious.  Your question about how to reassure him is downright scary.  I take it you haven't been married long?  With guys like him, you can "reassure" until you turn blue and it won't matter.  The bigger question is why you're settling for this.  

Let him see the text messages and let him see your response.  Its that simple.  Put yourself in his shoes.  Him texting a female and see how you feel.  I get the fact that sometimes jealousy does overstep trust boundaries.  He is probably a bit insecure and needs some additional reassurance from you .  Give it to him.  If there is nothing to hide.. then hide nothing.  And I was not insinuating that you were hiding anything.  But in your husbands mind, you are.  I was once the same type of person you are describing your husband and its not a good feeling.

Who knows why jealousy creeps into our lives.. but it does and its vicious.  So.. just take the extra step to show him that its nothing.  

Rev. Pimp Pastor of the pulpits got all the hoes!

• i + i

Oh no, not this crap again. 

Can't you even try to post 

something original?

Your husband is not "jealous".  He's an insecure, manipulative control freak.