Anonymous

Could you be with a person who never says "I love you"?

• donnie

I try and only say it if I mean it

• Archer

Words are cheap, it is what one does which speaks the loudest for those who are aware.

No I can not be with someone who lacks empathy. A person with empathy will not only tell you that they love you, they will also show you how much they love you, care about you and appreciate you for being who you are. 

• ?

The majority of people are not in such a relationship 

Sure.  If two people are actually in love they don't need to constantly verbalize it, they just know it and accept it.  That doesn't mean that love should be taken for granted and furthermore love needs maintenance but it doesn't need to be spoken out loud constantly.  I mean you can if you want to but I've noticed that it is usually insecure people who say "I love you" more than people who are content in their relationship.  

There are all kinds of people and personalities though.  Some people need to say it all the time even though they don't really mean it, some people don't need to say it because it is understood, and some people say it and mean it.