Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How come an official Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat crossover game was NEVER made?

Hi. I am just a bit curious about this. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are two of the biggest fighting game franchises of all time. There are people who tend to compare one franchise to the other. I know there was a SF/Marvel crossover game made and a MK/DC crossover game made.

How come an official SF/MK crossover game was never made? There wasn't a demand for that? Or is it because no one ever thought to make one?

There is at least one Mugen SF/MK game made but that doesn't count.Please help. Thank you.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

how about like the situation with the 2 FOOTBALL games on the market, don't even think of using another name speaking to me, i refer to  Efootball PES and  Fifa 21 , 20, 19 etc   ,the point is that people who  like fifa hate PES and visa versa,   therefore a a hypothetical crossover title incorporting what is supposed to be the best from both games,  might not sell because both fans won't be happy about the similarities with the other,   and that could be a very critical issue with a fighting beat em up,  combining MK and SF,  that's just one example of a reason which might have disuaded them from developing a crossover game..fans of anything do tend to have that psyche  video games included

Or it could be a far simpler money issue, where possibly both parties believe they should have the greater share of the profits, and no agreement, means no deal, and no game

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.