FASA College Negotiation?

Hello! So basically I don’t know what I want to do with life, and that’s perfectly fine. I can’t make a decision about what I want my job to be right now. I’m a senior in high school and I’m deciding what college to attend. Here’s some back round information. First of all, I know the social aspect of college is not what my main focus should be when deciding what college I want to go to, but it’s hard because I have no idea what I wanna major in yet. I am an extrovert, I’m not a huge party animal but I need to be somewhere where I can make a lot of friends, I will become extremely depressed if I’m at a college with a low social life, it’s not being bratty it’s how I am. That being said I live in Washington and the only in state school I can see myself at is Washington state (wsu) however, I can only see myself here because I can’t see any other school. Western, eastern, central, I just think out of all of those wsu is the best choice. My FIRST top school of choice is Colorado State, I wanna go here so bad but it’s too expensive. It’s 39k a year and my budget is 25k. I’ve applied to many scholarships and waiting to here back but unfortunately I probably won’t be able to afford it and I’ve accepted that I’ll probably end up at wsu even though I have such little interest going there but what else am I supposed to do? I don’t have enough space to finish so continuing ready on my next one. 

I'd suggest that you check out the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE). It allows students at 16 western states to attend school at one of the other member states at reduced tuition rates. Not all state universities within those states participate, but Colorado State is one that does. It would save you about $9,000/year in tuition. https://www.wiche.edu/tuition-savings/wue/for-stud...

You appear to be VERY clueless. Negotiate?  You can't be serious.  Does this mean all of your posts about moving to NYC and becoming a fashion model are moot?  What are you supposed to do?  Well, you're supposed to get excellent grades in high school and go to college on a scholarship.

That is not how most financial aid works. Don't you have a counselor at your high school? Your parents should have filled out the FAFSA form and submitted it. You tell FAFSA what schools you're applying to, and they sent the results of their analysis of your info to the schools. Then the schools make you a financial aid offer- often consisting of a combination of scholarships, grants, loans and work-study. Almost no one pays full tuition.  You can get very different offers from different schools. My daughter got offers of 0 from some schools, and almost a full tuition and housing offer at others. While there are a few. private scholarships you can apply for, most come through the schools- they've been set up by graduates of that school, often. The most common kind of financial add is from the federal government, again administered through the school. Look on the website of Colorado State, and contact the people in the financial aid office. They will tell you if it's too l ate to submit the FAFSA for next fall.