Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how do lawn mowers work?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

gasoline combusts in the engine by the spark plug, and causes a mini explosion within the machine, and the pressure of the 'explosion' causes the pistons to fire down and then a little gas pours onto the piston again and the piston springs up and hits the sparkplug and then the gas turns into a mini explosion again and fires down again. This design is so clever that it causes the piston to keep doing this and thus causes the creation of power. The moving of pistons is converted into a spinning wheel which the blades are attached thereof. 

Don't touch the blade while it is spinning however, or it will chop your fingers and hands off..

• 1 month ago

There are several types of lawn mowers:people you hire, machines with manual power and machines with motorized power.  Most power mowers tear the tops off the grass with rapidly spinning blades.  The manual mower I grew up with turns sharp blades against an anvil, cutting the grass like large scissors.  Some of those were later redesigned with motors to turn the blades if not also to move the wheels.

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

they have cutters underneath that cut the grass and petrol to get the engine working.

• fuzzy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Chlorophyll stalk slicers of the typical engine/rotating blade type do not cut grass they basically rip the blades in half from the sheer speed of the blade, which is why golf courses don't use them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

wife push the machin on the field. that is lawn mowers.

• 1 month ago

Engine spins the a blade.  Blade cuts the grass.  

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mine works just fine. 

• pearl
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Mine comes around once a week and mows the lawn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.