Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Mortgage fraud?

A few years ago I filled out a mortgage application and lied about income with altered paystub. I quickly realized how stupid this was and illegal and canceled the application well before it got to any underwriting process. Would this be something that I could get arrested for? Would the fbi investigate this type of mortgage fraud being I didn’t actually get the loan?

Favorite Answer

Nope.

The FBI is more likely to investigate you for carrying too much cash around. THAT is a serious offense these days.

• ?

Do not give yourself exaggerated importance. They do not have time for the likes of you.