Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My father is an illegal immigrant, can I get a visa or green card for the United States?

3 or 4 years ago, my father was arrested for immigration, my father registered us as his relatives, and they let him be in the United States, I have a question, I, as the son of an illegal immigrant, can I get a visa or green card? and if not, is there any other way to do it?

4 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    In most circumstances the sins of the parents aren't visited upon the children. So it would probably come down to your own actions. You should speak with an attorney. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Why even go to this extreme.. just sneak over the boarder and be illegal like the rest of your family.

  • 2 months ago

    Not from your father, no.

    You'd need to successfully apply for your own visa.

  • 2 months ago

    i would talk to immigration about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.