Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

What should I do about noisy neibhors?

Very loud noises floor shakes throughout day. I have reported them but they keep making noise.they might be worse after that.

• ?

Now I'm not trying to be mean to you but you have the responsibility of choosing where you want to live get away from where you're at find yourself someplace that's quiet and close to the stores in the schools that's within a decent price

Call the police if it continues after 10pm. They can ticket. 

• ?

THERE GENERALLY ARE NOISE STATUTES DURING THE DAY.  There is in my town, but its not specific, but rather subjective....a lot of noise is allowed during the day, but only a little at night.

its absolutely bizarre that so many people don't have  the sense to not be disruptive at 10pm....my neighbor knows she is being a B....and threatens to press harassment charges against me if I politely ask her to be civil.

in housing, if you rent an apartment, even without a law, frequent excessive noise violates your peaceful enjoyment.

have you made any police reports?  look into the procedure to file charges...but unless you have evidence (police witness the noise, recordings) it won't go anywhere.

Have you tried knocking on the door and asking them to keep it down?

When I had a middle apartment I was a night owl and did not think twice about vacuuming at 10pm. Got a knock on the door and the women said she has to get up at 5am and to please not vacuum this late.  I apologized and never did it again.  I just wrongly assumed everyone is still up at 10pm.