Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What do you think of the argument/statement " Being homosexual is a choice " ? ?

Do you agree with this statement/argument? Why or why not? 

50 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Please think about when you decided to be straight and what were the options. Were you given a choice?  Or was it just there?   

We all are born with our sexual orientation in place.That's a medical fact!  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Engaging in homosexual behavior certainly is a choice.  It doesn't matter if you have a compulsion or not.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, because in my experience, that's not something I can choose.

If you aren't already, try it: Choose to be homosexual, just for five minutes. Not pretend to be gay, but actually be attracted to the same gender. Can you actually do that?

That's not how it works normally. So I reject that claim that it's a choice.

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I really couldn't say. But I can say that I don't remember choosing to be hetero.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I do not agree. I never CHOSE to be hetero, but I am.

• 1 month ago

I think it's foolish.  We have no direct control over what attracts or tempts us.  What we do control is what we do about them, and that is where the good or the evil comes in.

• 1 month ago

With the public/private negative opinions and judgments surrounding homosexuality, I doubt anyone would choose to bring that ignorant persecution into their Iives by Choosing to be Gay!

Being homosexual is due to one's genetic makeup, not a personal aspiration or choice. To think otherwise is just ridiculous. Just like the DNA of a person who has green eyes and blonde hair, the DNA of homosexual literally dictates their sexuality.

I don't care what people think or believe because homosexuality is part of our society and we just need to accept it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bull.  I didn't choose to be straight.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

False. No-one chooses their sexual orientation, normal or abnormal. Which is why sexual orientation is not a  moral issue. However, sexual behavior is a moral issue, regardless of one's orientation.

• BJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My answer is based upon the Bible.

Can a person be born homosexual?

The Bible doesn’t comment directly on the biology of homosexual desires, though it acknowledges that we are all born with a tendency to go against what God commands. (Romans 7:21-25)

Rather than focus on the cause of homosexual desires, however, the Bible prohibits homosexual acts.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I know that sex is choice (unless its rape). And there is no homosex without sex. Its not like anyone is forcing you.  You are choosing to do it.

@mack or you saw the effects of the mental trauma that would lead them to avoid the opposite sex

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.