Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Gale Morgan asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My dog is 2 years old.  She runs from me when i go to put her collar on.  She thinks it is a game?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Make it into a game where you give out the treats when she does what you want.  Show her a dog treat and tell her to come.  She doesn't get the treat until you make her sit, and you put the collar on.  Then give her plenty of praise as well as the treat for being a good girl.  Dogs like to please their owners.  I may be misunderstanding your situation, but most dogs have collars that stay on all the time.  Their owners don't take it off.  It has their dog tags and ID tag on it.  If you mean leash, that's another matter.  Showing her the leash and then asking her if she wants to go for a ride, or to the park, might motivate her to come rather than run.

• 1 month ago

Don't let her see the collar until you are ready to put it on her.  Wait till you have control & just put it on.  Don't let it be a game.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You must have her put down ASAP. :(

• 1 month ago

Don't play her game.   If she's being stupid, which this is, re getting her collar on, put the collar away and get on with doing other things.   I know - frustrating but the more you get into this situation, the more she'll play you (for a fool!).  You could of course, turn the lead into a slip collar and drop it over her head.    Presumably this happens when youo intend to take her out for exercise.   So no cooperation = no walk!!   She should soon learn.   And when this starts, IGNORE her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Quit playing her game, train her to come to you when called.  Remember to reward her when she listens.  

She learned this game when you kept chasing her so now she thinks it is a game.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You gotta be dominant and show the furr ball that you are the master. 

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

thats ok...........................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.