Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why do some people fall in love with various people through out their lives and have children with them while others only fall in love ONCE?

and have children with only them??! My parents were like that (only married each other and had children with each other..) so coming from that, I don't get it! I don't get other people's psyche if you know what I mean!!...  For me I don't easily fall for people (maybe lust yes - especially when I was younger) but LOVE, nuh uh! 

"I think it's psychological and your version of "love" matters." What do you mean?! I thought love, and the ways to show it, was universal?! Why make things more complicated than it has to be lol. You either love someone and treat them right, or you don't and your actions should/will show it too!  

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Making a relationship last for a lifetime isn't just about finding the right person but is often about ourselves. Some people just aren't emotionally capable of permanent pair bonding and this often comes from the bad examples their parents gave them. So they tend to marry multiple times, never quite being able to keep it together. 

I think it's psychological and your version of "love" matters.

Love is an umbrella term. It's very obvious. You love your parents, love your siblings, but it's a very different love than with a partner, or a friend. There are many different kinds of love. Falling IN love is easy, STAYING IN LOVE is the hard part. I've been in love ONCE, like your parents, but I was with different people before that. I was passionately "in love" with a guy, but that was way different than what I have with my husband, because all it was was passionate love. We were crazy about each other, but didn't have anything else to really make the relationship stick. With my husband? The passion comes and goes, but we're each other's rocks. We have grown, changed, evolved, and are still in love today as we were when we were 24 (36 and 37 now). It's a love that honestly cannot be defined in normal terms, something I thought I would never experience. 

I think the concept of love is also a very loose thing. People feel differently for different people. My definition of love may be very different from someone else's, but neither of us are wrong or right, it just is.