Why do Trinitarians believe Jesus as God had limited power while on earth but became all powerful in heaven?

Please provide scriptural support.

WHERE ON EARTH DO YOU GET, JESUS HAD LIMITED POWER???

HE CURED THE SICK, RAISED THE DEAD AND EVEN RAISED HIMSELF ON THE THIRD DAY!!!

JESUS IS GOD INCARNATE, >>>>

JESUS IS GOD, SEE HERE WHERE HE TELLS US MANY TIMES IN THE BIBLE FIRST WHERE HE TELLS PHILLIP HE IS GOD,>>>>

Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and then we shall be satisfied.' Jesus said to him,

9 'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? 'Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so how can you say, "Show us the Father"?

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? What I say to you I do not speak of my own accord: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his works.

11 You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe it on the evidence of these works.

EXPLANATION OF JESUS SAYING ONLY THE FATHER IS GOOD>>>

I know at glance it seems like Jesus is questioning why they call Him good. However, He is agreeing that He is good, but bringing to their attention that this goodness is from the Father and the good they see in Him is because He is light from light, true God from true God.

He was saying that if people recognize that He is good then they should know that He is God. They should recognize that God is the source of goodness, not man. He was raising people's minds to recognize the Messiah.

ALSO, THIS IS PROOF GOD IS A BLESSED TRINITY IN GODS OWN WORDS JESUS TELLS YOU HE IS GOD MANY TIMES, ALSO THE TRINITY IS IN THE SAME BIBLE, GOD SAID, "LET US" MAKE MAN IN "OUR" IMAGE, AND WHEN GOD AT THE TOWER OF BABEL, GOD SAID, let "us" go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other! HENCE HIS TWO MESSAGES THAT GOD IS THE BLESSED TRINITY

BELOW ARE DIFFERENT TIMES JESUS SAYS HE IS "I AM" GOD.

JESUS TOLD THE PHARISEES WHEN THEY SAID TO JESUS, DO YOU PUT YOURSELF ABOVE ABRAHAM AND JESUS SAID, BEFORE ABRAHAM, "I AM" MEANING HE IS GOD

WHEN MOSES ASKED GOD HIS NAME, GOD SAID HIS NAME WAS "I AM"

OTHER TIMES JESUS SAID, "I AM" THE DOOR TO HEAVEN.

"I AM" THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE

"I AM THE VINE, YOU ARE THE BRANCH'S

JOHN 17:5 And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself, with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee.

John 8:58

Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am.

saias (Isaiah) 43:10

You are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know, and believe me, and understand that I myself am. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there shall be none.

https://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/incaa3.htm

I WILL GIVE YOU TWO EXAMPLES THEN MORE IN MY LINK. FIRST THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH(JESUS, GOD, MAN) AND DWELT AMONG US. SECOND, WHEN SATAN TEMPTED JESUS, JESUS SAID, YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST. ALSO READ JOHN 14: 1 THRU 12

Matthew 22:29 KJV — Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Jesus explains to Philip....

John 14:9-11 KJV — Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

• ?

He became human while on Earth. There is no way a human could be all-powerful.

• TeeM

I enjoyed David's scriptures, but he fails to understand them.

(1 Corinthians 15:27, 28) “27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.”

Paul tells us, All things doesn't include God himself.

Thus when Jesus' God and Father subjected all things it doesn't mean Jesus became equal to his God and Father.

How do we know this is the correct understanding? Please read vs 24.

(1 Corinthians 15:24) “24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.”

Thus the heavenly glorified Jesus Christ continues to worship his God and Father, and his statements prior to his death are still true.

1. The Father is greater than I.

2. The Father is the only true God.

What is the difference between Jesus and the angels?

Their God has given Jesus a greater name.

Their God has given Jesus power and authority over them.

“12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.”   (Revelation 3:12) 

Paul tells us Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

As the Word, Jesus was the Son of God, while upon the earth, he was the Son of God and after ascending to heaven, Jesus remains the Son of God.

Only if you miss-translate God's word do you find Jesus being called 'God'.

.

• ?

Here's scriptural support:

1If therefore there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, 2make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. 3Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; 4do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 5Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE SHOULD BOW, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Need More?

5For He did not subject to angels [g]the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6But someone has testified somewhere, saying,

“WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU THINK OF HIM?

OR A SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?

7“YOU HAVE MADE HIM [h]FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN ANGELS;

YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR[i];

8YOU HAVE PUT EVERYTHING IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET.”

For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.

Jesus Briefly Humbled

9But we do see Him who was made [j]for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of His suffering death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

You mean Christians, and any of them saying that are wrong. Jesus made himself lower than the angles by voluntary submitting to humans.  

• Boom!

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [b]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [c]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

He came to be a man, everything He did He did as a man, and His miracles were done by the Power of the Holy Spirit

You are welcome

maybe cause others told them that

• yesmar

He divested himself of his divine prerogative when he became a human.

Phil 2:6-7 Though he was God,he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being.

And then after his ministry:

Matt 28:18 Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.

And then, Jesus to John after the ascension:

Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One."

Source(s): Jesus follower