Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

HELP!  Faint positive or evaporation line??

I've been testing for the past week and nothing, I took a test this morning and it came back with a faint line. I just don't want to get my hopes up if it's not really positive, I also suck at keeping secrets, so my husband is going to find out one way or another, I just want to be absolutely sure when I tell him.

• ?

That looks negative to me.  A week after you period "should start" is long enough for their to be enough hCG in your urine to show a bold and clear positive.  The test really isn't supposed to be a guessing game.

Seems like you have a couple choices:

1. Call your ob/gyn and go in for a blood test and an exam to find out what's going on.

2. Wait a few more days and test again if your period still hasn't arrived.

• helene

Looks negative to me. More of an indentation line than anything.

If your period is a week late, and you're still testing negative, you could ask your doctor to order a blood test.

i would ask your doctor about it