Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

HELP!  Faint positive or evaporation line??

I've been testing for the past week and nothing, I took a test this morning and it came back with a faint line. I just don't want to get my hopes up if it's not really positive, I also suck at keeping secrets, so my husband is going to find out one way or another, I just want to be absolutely sure when I tell him.

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That looks negative to me.  A week after you period "should start" is long enough for their to be enough hCG in your urine to show a bold and clear positive.  The test really isn't supposed to be a guessing game.

Seems like you have a couple choices:

1. Call your ob/gyn and go in for a blood test and an exam to find out what's going on.

2. Wait a few more days and test again if your period still hasn't arrived.

• helene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Looks negative to me. More of an indentation line than anything.

If your period is a week late, and you're still testing negative, you could ask your doctor to order a blood test.

• 1 month ago

i would ask your doctor about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.