What do people find so offensive about men wearing women’s clothing?

Even that politician Candence Owens flipped her sh*t over Harry Styles wearing a skirt? How is that an “attack” on anything, it’s an item of clothing...

It got me thinking recently after I accidentally annoyed a load of people on live for wearing a watch I didn’t realise (or cared) was from the ladies section. Also years ago a pic of me wearing a face full for a shoot got a bunch of hate comments and people aggressively asking if I was gay followed “why would you wear it unless you want people to think that”. 

I could post me in women’s outfit and it would receive way more negative attention than a woman in a man’s outfit. Why? 

• ?

It reminds people of how culturally transient our decisions are. Gender roles are highly constructed. I may think what I wear makes me feel womanly, but even that is from a cultural reinforcement beyond my doing. Other than that I think they get upset that the trans look better in that than some straights do, lol

It's more culture war rubbish. The same people who will tell you that "Western civilization" is an eternal, unconquerable flame will breakdown they see a gay person on TV or, like what happened with Harry Styles, a man in a dress. As if masculinity, strength, "the family" or culture is so weak that one man doing something will destroy it. Completely outrageous.

If I had to guess why a man in a dress is more controversial than a woman in pants, I'd say it comes down to a kind of sexist perception of women's wear/accessories/whatever. A woman in a suit or with short cut hair has "manned up" to work or face a challenge, whereas a man in dress or makeup has "sissied out" and is doing something wrong. Never mind the men in Scotland wearing kilts, or the Ancient Egyptian men who wore makeup as often as the women did.

As for you, please do not let the crowd tear you down for something as trivial as wearing the "wrong" kind of watch. It doesn't matter.

Oh, and as a last bit, reminder that Candace Owens isn't a politician. She isn't anything official (she never finished college and has never been elected or hired to anything but Turning Point USA). She is someone who's career depends on pedaling outrage, and she found an opportunity to do so with Harry Styles. Simple as.

LOL.... The decline of western civilization is unavoidable at this point. 

• kswck2

Yeah, what's the big deal? Milton Berle used to and so did Harvey Korman. 

no one is gay so wear whatever you want

People are judgmental. They don't like or trust people who aren't just like them. They are narrow minded and have no room for diversity. They're pathetic because they spend time worrying about what you are wearing. The losers need to get a life of their own.

I'm so glad Poland doesn't have problems like this. Non-white immigration doesn't work. White nationalism clearly works.