Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is there a way to recover forgotten or repressed memories?

I don't remember much of my childhood, only small snippets or events that held a role in some way. How do I make myself remember the rest? I have a feeling that something bad happened, my parents always used to hang out with bad people and one day they suddenly stopped coming over and my parents got weird when I asked about them. Is there any way to make myself remember what happened? I know that it could do more harm than good, but I want to remember. I don't want to live in the dark, and it could be nothing or something simple like them getting in a fight. I'd just like to know what happened, preferably without talking to my family as we are not on very good terms (Please don't lecture me on how I should love my family and not hold grudges against them, I'm not a child and I know how to handle my own family drama.)

you could try getting some counseling

• snafu

Under hypnosis perhaps?