Am I bad for befriending my neighbor so I can borrow his things?

I will be honest, I don't care for this man or his family. Tools are very expensive and I can't be bothered to buy some of my own, so instead of just befriended this man so that he would let me borrow his gardening tools and such to work on my own yard. He is very nice and everything but I don't really want to be his friend and if he died I would go "Mike who? sorry I don't know that name" because I forget about him very easily. 

Thank you

- J

Favorite Answer

Does your carer know you are at liberty?

You'll be honest? About being a troll? Okay, I'll wait for you to admit you're trolling.