rep asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Feeling depressed due to rhomboid muscle pain, unsure what to do or how severe it truly is?

Hey everyone,

I did a shoulder workout around November 2020 using the shoulder press machine at the gym and I felt a sharp pain in between my rhomboid and spine. I rested for a month (no gym at all, no exercise at all) and I'd say I was about 95% back to normal so I worked out again and started lifting light weights in terms of shoulder workouts just to take precaution and see if I'm able to resume my normal workout routines.Foolishly, I felt good so I went back to lifting heavy in terms of shoulder press machine again and unsurprisingly - that sharp pain came back. After that, I rested it again for 3 weeks. One night, while I was doing the deed with my girl I felt that sharp pain come back AGAIN (which means back to resting it) and now it hurts again 😞. I apologize for the TMI (Too Much Information) but I just don't want to spend thousands of dollars on doctors.Is full blown rest for many months the cure to this nagging problem? I'm honestly petrified that I won't be able to play sports or hit the gym anymore for the rest of my life or do the deed without being in pain. It's almost been 4 months I've been dealing with this. I'm only 28 years old. I've been very depressed about this as it's affecting all areas of my life. I've scheduled an appointment with a chiropractor so let's see how it goes.Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading.

@Barry, bro that's not my skeleton lol.  That's an image off Google to illustrate where I'm experiencing pain.

You need to eat more as you look far too thin in that pic. Have you tried Ibuprofen in both tablet and gel form? The other possibility is a cortisone injection. That can work for rotator cuff pain so may help for your torn muscle.. But I think rest and the Ibuprofen may be the only answer. With respect I can't see what good a chiropractor can do as it's all manipulation which is what you don't really want.