Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Is my Dentist lying to me?

Due to tooth decay, my dentist put a crown on the infected tooth, and right after the crown was implanted the crown immediately started hurting like hell for an entire week and now the dentist is saying the pain is from the infected root and that I now need a root canal but how can that be when there was absolutely no pain only until I received the crown. Shouldn't the pain be from a faulty crown?

• Tavy

Crowns are porcelain they are heavy and the crown and the glue are pressing down on the root. Here in the U.K. we always do a root canal, for this reason. We Never put it on an infected root.

You need a better Dentist.

Source(s): I worked for a U.K. Dentist and had a crown.

Get a second opinion.  Go to another DDS and see what they tell you.

In medical/dental issues it's always best to get an independent second opinion.