Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Does this make sense to you?

I’m a 21 year old woman and I asked to borrow their car. I saw they were busy with work and they needed to pick my little sister up from school. They told me they don’t want me going anywhere because I’m a new driver. I get that and I can definitely respect another adults opinion. But how do you expect someone to get the driving experience needed, if you won’t let them drive anywhere? I am currently saving up for a car though and I’ve had my drivers license for two years. 

Update:

@Barry I was just saying they were telling me I needed more experience to drive alone, but they never let me get that experience. They won’t even drive with me. When I said I respect their opinion, I meant I would never go behind there backs and use the car without their permission. Actually I would let a new driver use my car, I just wouldn’t let them travel far. 

Update 2:

@anonymous okay cool and it was my grandparents car if you were wondering lol. I honestly don’t care if you think I’m immature. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Tough.  I wouldn't let a novice drive my car either.  If you want to drive, get your own car.  Who's car did you drive to get your license.  Use that one if you can't get your own right away.

But don't put your friends on the spot by asking to use their car.  That's just unfair on your part.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

At 21, I was long gone from my parents house. Why are you still there? Find your own place, don't buy a car.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who are "they"?

Details matter Anonymous!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We have no idea who "they" are and what power they hold over a 21 year old adult.  Given your inability to coherently express yourself, and the immaturity you exhibit, you'd never drive a car of mine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

We don't 'expect' anything. I wouldn't let you borrow my car either. You don't respect their opinion at all. When you get your own shiny new car that is your pride and joy would you let a 21 year old inexperienced person drive it? I don't think so.

• 1 month ago

They would be legally and financially liable if you were to have an accident.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.