?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What's the name of the movie about WW2 prisoners who built a glider to escape prison?

It may be British. Possibly made in the 60s or 70s

Don't remember the name. But I did see the movie. And I saw a follow up years later where the glider was tested for flight and did indeed fly as it was intended to. Some of the ex prisoners were present to witness the flight.

Cave Dwellers (Ator 2) ? no wait that's about a civilized barbarian  who builds a hang glider in the dark ages to gain entrance to an enemy's fortress. Dong the fish is  ready!!!

The Birdmen was a 1971 tv movie.

The Birdmen  (1971)    the same film is also known in some markets as "The Escape of the Birdmen"

Often when films are released overseas in different markets, they change the title..........

the same way  "Leon"  is also known as "The Professional"  in some markets. 

Apparently it's The Birdmen.  I didn't know that this movie existed but I was aware of the actual incident.  Some POWs in Colditz prison secretly built a glider in the attic of Colditz Castle which was being used as a POW prison.  The real glider was never used because the prison was liberated before they could make use of it. 

Papion  I think?

I saw another one where they build a plane in the german prison castle. Called....

Hold on.

Ok I actually own it. 

It's called Colditz: "Escape of the birdmen".

Starring chuck connors. 

I got it from dollar tree. They had a bunch of b movies. 

• ?

The Birdman (1971) with Rene Auberjonois & Doug McClure.

Also know as The Escape of the Birdmen.