Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Christians, how often do you find yourself having to reassure people that your friend Mike is real?

Because people don't believe you because there are no texts or emails (that you didn't write yourself claiming it was under his instruction), or photos of you guys together, or any real world evidence of his existence?

Why do you suppose it is that you don't need repeated affirmation to convince yourself and others that your real life friends and family are real, but for your deity, that's all you have? 🤔

"I don't know the Mike you speak of."

Is that the best you got... pretending "Mike" is a literally specific person so you can dodge the point? "Mike" is a representation of any real world friend or family member in your life.

"Perhaps if you were not a blithering moron who assumes that God does not exist simply because YOU can't see Him, you would have less problems"

So are you going to answer the question or what?

how often do you find yourself having to reassure people that your friend Mike is real?

Why do you suppose it is that you don't need repeated affirmation to convince yourself and others that your real world friends and family are real, but for your deity, that's all you have?

"I can offer a rational methodology by which you may know that God exists...  Don't bother moving the goalposts."

What goalpost? You didn't actually present any "rational methodology"....

You also didn't answer the question. It seems none of you guys are brave enough to answer the actual questions straight on.

"You couldn't possibly understand how well I know God"

But.... I never said anything about how well you think you know a deity.....?

I asked how often.. oh ffs, I've already repeated the actual question, that you guys are afraid to answer, enough times 🤦‍♂️

Favorite Answer

Oh come on now, they have a book!

Just like the Hindus, Muslims, Jews, etc have a book proving their gods are real too.

How sad.  NCWJ has no evidence so all he can do is hate.  His spite proves that there is absolutely no basis or justification for his silly superstitions.

And he claims the holy spirit lives on his heart.....BULLSHITT!

Man never created word but word created man . Remove word and all is gone but with word all things are possible. God is word and word only has word before and after it.

You couldn't possibly understand how well I know God

Unlike you atheists, I can offer a rational methodology by which you may know that God exists.  Experience him for yourselves.  Millions do ever year.  So should you.  It's the logical thing to do.  Don't bother moving the goalposts.  It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

Perhaps if you were not a blithering moron who assumes that God does not exist simply because YOU can't see Him, you would have less problems

I know God. I don't know the Mike you speak of. Perhaps you do not know God I speak of.