Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Dental Delma? $$$?

My four front teeth have been lose for year due to my bite. In my teens I had braces on the top but never the bottom. I'm in my mid 40's now and need dental work.. I have had two opinions.

1. Put crowns on my bottom molars to fit my bite, then have 8 crowns put on the top plus a bridge to cement the loose teeth together. $16,000. (dentist)

2. Have 10 crowns put on the top and cement the loose teeth together. $19,885. (cosmetic dentist) 

I don't have the monies to do this. I don't have dental insurance. However if I don't do this my teeth will eventually fall out, then I'm looking at implants.

I am worried about putting the crowns on my bottom teeth and having my bite be out of whack, the dentist said it's all about me tolerating it. 

The cosmetic dentist doesn't seem to be worrying about my bite at all?...

If my bottom teeth are smashing into the top teeth with crowns on won't they not move? 

Who would you choose?

My top 4 teeth are loose because when i bite, clench or grind my teeth at night they hit the bottom teeth. (I wear a nightguard) The top teeth slam into the bottom teeth making my top teeth move.

If your teeth are loose then you have limited bone. This make implants difficult.

Just get a top denture, far less bother and a lot cheaper.

Dental insurance does not pay for this kind of treatment.  Even a fantastic plan will have a $3000 a year maximum on treatment

Your story makes no sense:

a) Your teeth are loose because there is bone deterioration.  This is not caused by your bite.  It's caused by your jaw bone deteriorating.  Teeth will move to fit your bite.  You don't feel this.  It does not make teeth loose

b) if your teeth are loose why would want to use your actual roots as an anchor?

I'd get a brand new dentist and have them walk you through the treatment until you understand the options.

= however, unless you can strength the roots of the existing teeth (maybe a bone graft) it appears you are headed for dentures.  They won't do individual implants for that many teeth.

Get dentures, no more worries about payments, pain, loose teeth, future dental work, etc....

Don't forget, you can still get decay under the crowns and need root canals, new crowns, etc.

There are so many dental insurance plans now for individuals not on company plans, it's foolish not to have coverage