Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

How do I introduce my husband to my family?

My husband got secretly married last Saturday and now I have to introduce him to the family. What should I say when I introduce him

"Hello folks, this is ........., we got married last Saturday. Anyone want to congratulate us?" 

You say, "I married Bonzo secretly last Saturday, so this is my husband, Bonzo."

You come in hand and hand and you introduce him.  As a person.  "Hi mum, Dad, this is Dave".  Then you just start talking perfectly normally.  After they have had a chance to form some opinions about each other they will ask a few questions.  THEN you tell them that the pair of you are actually married.

• A X

If "Dave" knows that you kept the marriage a secret from your family then he should be with you when you introduce him as your husband. If he doesn't know, then you need to tell them the news while he's somewhere else so there's no possibility he'll be exposed to a potentially bad reaction... which is why you didn't tell them beforehand in the first place ... isn't it!

Seriously, a bad reaction can forever determine the way Dave relates to your family. You don't want to take a chance on that happening.

Ummm....   meet my husband, Dave.

hi everyone this is XYZ my husband

the bigger deal you make out of it the worse it will be

I assume there is something you are avoiding hiding etc