Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

How do I introduce my husband to my family?

My husband got secretly married last Saturday and now I have to introduce him to the family. What should I say when I introduce him

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

"Hello folks, this is ........., we got married last Saturday. Anyone want to congratulate us?" 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You say, "I married Bonzo secretly last Saturday, so this is my husband, Bonzo."

• 2 months ago

You come in hand and hand and you introduce him.  As a person.  "Hi mum, Dad, this is Dave".  Then you just start talking perfectly normally.  After they have had a chance to form some opinions about each other they will ask a few questions.  THEN you tell them that the pair of you are actually married.

• A X
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If "Dave" knows that you kept the marriage a secret from your family then he should be with you when you introduce him as your husband. If he doesn't know, then you need to tell them the news while he's somewhere else so there's no possibility he'll be exposed to a potentially bad reaction... which is why you didn't tell them beforehand in the first place ... isn't it!

Seriously, a bad reaction can forever determine the way Dave relates to your family. You don't want to take a chance on that happening.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Ummm....   meet my husband, Dave.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

hi everyone this is XYZ my husband

the bigger deal you make out of it the worse it will be

I assume there is something you are avoiding hiding etc  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.