Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is this oil leak?

Hello! I noticed a small spot of oil in my driveway (may have been from another car). So I put down a cardboard under car in garage. There are two puddle stains, pictured. However, this has been over a month. It is not spotting every day? Could it be just water from the couple days it rained? 2018 camaro. They did not find leak at dealership. Thanks for any help 

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • God
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Oil will stain the cardboard brown.  That looks like water.  Check your radiator to see if the water is down.  I doubt if it will be.  That doesn't look like much water.  If where you live is warm and the a/c has been on that could just be condensation.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Low oil levels can be a sign of an oil leak. Blue smoke coming from your vehicle's hood or exhaust or a strong burning smell while the engine is running are other common signs of an oil leak.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That looks like water, not oil.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Open the hood and CHECK for leaks in the engine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There is no sign of an oil leak in that photo. It is pushing it to say there is a sign of ANY liquid visible.

• 2 months ago

That is water, not oil. An oil stain would stay wet looking. I have an old British car, so I know :)

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The ones that are near the middle are definitely water (either drip on condensate from the AC/defroster running) the little schmutz in the upper left that looks smeared could be a drop of oil, go under the car and look up above where that drop was located and see if you see any wetness from oil. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.