Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Late period. Only last 2 days?

I’m 21 y/o not sexually active. I’m 5’5 100lbs I’ve been underweight all my life it’s hard for me to gain weight but I never had this problem.... So my period is usually every 28-33 days i get it on the 17th-22nd of every month but last month February I missed my period. I was suppose to come on February 18th but never did. It finally came March 1st and lasted till yesterday the first day was a heavy flow the second day was not as heavy... today March 3rd I only have slight cramps with no period. What can be reasons for this? Trying to figure this out on my own before I go see a doctor about it. Thank you! 

• Lili

No one here knows for sure, and you can't just "figure this out" yourself.  You need to discuss it with your doctor and have some tests done.

Low body fat does tend to interfere with the menstrual cycle, as I know from when I was a teenager, but neither you nor anyone here can be sure that's the problem.

Are you on hormonal birth control? My periods just disappeared when I was on the pill.

In any case, your hormone levels should be checked by your doctor.