Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

(Jeep renegade 2020)My oil light came on and I made a appointment but it has to be a week from now? Will my car be okay?

I have a Jeep renegade 2020 and I received the notification to change my oil for the first time at like 7000 miles. I made a appointment for a oil change with my dealership but the earliest  availability is a week from now. I have to do a lot of driving within that week so if I drive like 500 more miles before my appointment, will my car be okay? Or should I try to get oil in it quicker like going to jiffy lube or something

My 2002 VW says 15,000 Klm about 10,000 miles when my Light came on

I reset it because I wanted to do the Oil change at 120,000 and not 110,000 eventually did it at 125,000 and the car never complained

n

• Phil M

If there is oil on the dip stick, you are ok to make it to your appointment. Check it before you start the engine again.

YOU SOUND very PANICKY here! LEARN how to READ YOUR OIL! PULL out the dipstick and SEE if it is DARK BROWN-ish or THICK! If it is, THEN you need a the OIL CHANGE! MODERN CARS use GENUIONE BOSCH injection that is QUITE PRECISE and METERED very PRECISELY! IT will PREVENT some CARBON BUILD UP< but you can do things to HEKLP THIS ALONG! Your RENEGADE was Actually ASSEMBLED IN ISRAEL!  Look at the DECAL in your DOOR JAMB! >>>CHECK the DIPSTICK to see if it is LOW as well! USING PENNZOIL ULTRA PLATINUM OIL will get you an ENGINE WARRANTY to 500,000 MILES! BELIEVE it or NOT! GO to a JIFFY LUBE< PENNZOIL Station for it! Use the "0": series OIL to get protection down to 35 BELOW ZERO! >>>>> remove a a SPARK PLUG to see if it is a CHAMPION PLUG! JEEP and CHRYSLER were COMMITED to using them and they are PURE JUNK! Get a set of DENSO TWIN TIP IRIDIUM LASER PLUGS from ADVANCE AUTO! They are $7 each and worth EVERY CENT times 50! They burn the fuel MORE COMPLETLEY to get the most power from EVERY SINGLE DROPLET and improve MILEAGE and POWER and LOWER EMISSIONS! UNLIKE TRUMP who does NOT CARE about GREEN HOUSE GASSES, I DO care! >>>NEVER EVER use VALVOLINE OIL an oil NO FACTORY on EARTH wil use as it tends to DISSOLVE RUBBER and SILICONE gaskets and PCV hoses! IT makes ACIDIC vapors as it COMES from ASH and TAR and returns to ASH and TAR! (comes from the ASHLAND company of a SOUTHRN STASTE) NEVER use ROYAL PURPLE! either! IT ALSO is JUNK OIL! The REAL OILS for you will have YOUR CAR MAKERS spec numbers ON IT! THIS MEANS it was TESTED By the engineers that DESIGNED the car! NOT ALL 5W-30 oils are THE SAME! There are SPEC NUMBERS involved! AUDI needs 502/505 oil, E.g.! BMW needs ONLY LONG LIFE< LL-02 OIL ONLY! BENZ needs 229.03/ 229.05 oil ONLY!  and SO ON!  You WIL NOT harm your ENGINE if you wait another TWO MONTHS in this condition! BUT it DEPENDS upon the QUALITY and BRAKD of the oil you are using! AND the quality of the OIL FILTER as well! MOST places use CHEAP PAPER oil filter elements! THEN there are SYNTHETIC FIBERS and ones with FLEECE in them that is a NATURAL filter down to MICRONS and SAFE SAFE SAFE! USE THEM! for HENGST and from PUROLATOR! >>>MODERN CARS ALL use BOSCH or DENSO FUEL INJECTION THAT KEEPS THE OIl cleanest LONGEST! and now we have NASA quality synthetic OILS THAT DO EVEN A better job OF THINGS! >>>you can drive another 1,000 miels and MORE on your oil! BUT>>>LEARN how to REAQD your OIL! the dipstick wil tell you the LEVEL and ALSO the CONDITION of the oil! If it is VERY VERY dark brown it is in a DANGER POINT....MAYBE!>>>> ONLY PENNZOIL OIL that is ULTRA is made from NATURAL BGAS and keeps the WHOLE ENGIEN INSDE as CLEAN as W SHOWROOM and PREVENTS damages to SEALS, GASKETS an OCONVETER and o@ sensors! YOUR CAR was MADE in ISRAEL! Perhaps you should say a PRAYER with it! (lol) READ your OWNER;s MANUAL! KEEP the engine CLEAN with frequent WASHINGS! YOURS must be BRAND NEW or you would NOT feel so PANICKY!  TRUST me AOBUT VALVOLINE USE! it is NOT used by ANY CAR MAKER ON EARTH! FORED uses CONOCO PHILLIPS oil! GM uses DEXOS oil! AUDI uses 502/505 PENTOSIN OIL from Germany! SAME for BMW and BENZ! PENTOSIN fluids that are FULLY SYNTHETIC and will NOT easily WEAR OUT! LIVE LONG and PROSPER!! 

Hey Dufus...the first thing you do is pull over and check the oil level on the dipstick! The on board oil change reminder goes too many miles between oil changes and I'd recommend changing synthetic oil every 5,000 miles. As always you should be checking your oil level on the dipstick every 1,000 miles between oil changes and keeping the oil level topped up. You're going to ruin your new motor if the oil level is lower then half way between the upper and lower dipstick marks. 

Car will be fine.

Get the oil changed ASAP.

Oil change reminders come on anywhere from 500-1000 miles before it's actually due.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Scott

No, it will explode within 48 hours. Of course it will be okay.

• CB

Oil light or reminder light? (if the oil light comes on then there is no oil pressure - you should CHECK the oil (like you should have been doing every 1000 miles) and add enough to bring it to the full line on the oil stick. 

If just the oil change reminder STILL check the damn oil and IF low top up and drive it until your appointment no worries. All this info is in the owners manual in the glove box so CHECK which light is on as one is 1000 times worse than the other.