Where to buy automotive matched paint?

I recently was driving down the highway and took some semi parts to the bumper of my black Ford Fusion. Seeing as money is a little tight, I was hoping to repair and repaint the bumper myself. Where can I buy paint that will accurately match the metallic black on my fusion? I’m not sure if local paint stores will mix accurately matched auto paint or if there’s somewhere online I can order it. 

And yes, I have experience painting. When I was younger I used to work auto-body and got a decent amount of experience painting cars for restorations and accident damage. At the shop i worked at all of our paint was pulled from a “matrix” mixing station. 

I no longer have access to that body shop. I just need to brush up on skills and knowledge as it’s been awhile and find the right materials. 

And yes, I have access to proper facilities. I have access to an entire aircraft paint hanger and painting equipment at work that is hardly used and free for me to use. 

Any help is appreciated! 

• F

Lots of places on eBay . You need to know the paint code or at least the name of the colour. “Black” is not sufficient.

YOUR CAR has a COLOR CODE in the vehicle number! USE IT to get PAINT form SIEMENS or GLASURET or SYSTEM SIX< the BEST paints I know of that are EUROPEAN in origin! IF the BUMPERS will easily COME OFF< i would take them to a SHOP and NOT do this YSELF as they can use LARGE OVENS< etc to SEAL the paint in! OR even go to a JUNK YARD and get BUMPERS from a wreck ALREADY to GO!  The FUSION is a GREAT CAR: half FORD< and half MAZDA! T4he ENGIEN will last a LONG LONG TIME and I recommend that you use PENNZOIL ULTRA EURO or ULTRA PLATINUM OIL only! It is MADE from NATRUAL GAS and PROTECT seals and gaskets and CONVERTER and O2 sensors from premature WEAR< unlike VALVOLINE which NO factory on EARTH will use! FOR the BEST POWER and MILEAGE use  DENSO TWIN TIP IRIDIUM spark plugs They are like LASERS and REACT with modern fuel! I got a FUSION up to 34 MPG. SO MANY JUNK YARDS have GREAT used BODY PARTS all read to GO! PENNZOIL will get you to 500,000 MILES with a MOTOR WARRANTY! They WILL replace it if anything f goes wrong with PROOF of PURCAHSE!  Use only FEUL EFFICIENT TIRES as well they last LONGEST with the BEST warranty! I LIKE the FUSION a LOT! AND THIS post should help you make GOOD DECISIONS! Keep the space BETWEEN the RADIATOR an the AC condenser as CLEAN as you can with frequent WASHINGS! DUPLIL COLOR is OUT there as WELL! But I would SHRIVEL to use it! I w simply would REMOVE the BUMPERS and drop them off at a SHOP for REPAINT! It is the EASIEST way and actually you then get next to NO DOWNTIME! 

Do a search for auto paint stores in your area.

Start asking auto body shops in your area.

I get mine at San Leandro Color, where they custom mix it and can it in rattle cans for you.

You can call a local dealer and order some touch-up paint that matches your vehicle color-code found inside your door jamb info sticker.  Auto parts chains such as Auto Zone & Oreillys also sell Duplicolor auto match paints.

Also there are several online dealers that can accurately match your paint code as well, a good one that my garage uses is https://www.automotivetouchup.com/  since they sell in many different sizes to suit your needs.  An alternative site is also https://touchupdirect.com/  I would suggest doing a search on your vehicle color code to see which online retailers can mix your paint. 

• Scott

Any store that sells automotive paint should be able to help you - not Lowe's, Home Depot or Ace Hardware.

• CB

The answer depends on the age of the car/paint. If they mix it you will need a good spray gun to get it on evenly. Better than scratches though even if you used a can of spray paint from the auto parts store. 

I'd consult the dealership where I bought the car.