Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is it normal to have some hatred for your friend of 15 years?

• ?

No. Perhaps that's something you need to work through in therapy.

Hopefully it is not all of the time. But other people sometimes do things that are annoying. It might just be a little too much togetherness but sometimes friends of longstanding do grow apart. Try just spending a little time apart and see if that helps. I have a friend for 30 years and I have to sometimes go 3-6 months without getting together because I have difficulty tolerating her sometimes. It's not so much hate though as she does some stupid things. I find putting some time and distance between us helps me have a greater tolerance. We tend to hold friends to higher standards than others but as the saying goes "familiarity breeds contempt."