Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is a reasonable price to pay for second hand laptop?

Refurbished HP ProBook 6460b Intel Core i5-2410m@2.30GHz RAM 8GB HDD 500GB - what would be a decent price to pay (it has some superficial damages, scratches etc)

Update:

in English £

Update 2:

Thanks so much for the answers. How much do you think I should be paying second hand for 8th generation i5 with a SSD and a HD screen (1920x1080) or refurbished i5-5xxx AMD or Intel core laptop?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on your budget. Anything that falls under it is acceptable. Anything equal or more isn't. 

Equal isn't? Yes. I also add the cost of shipping or food and fuel if ever so the laptop's price must be really low enough for me to even consider it. So far, the two used laptops I bought are still alive and kicking!

• 1 month ago

twenty seven cents.  hong kong.  that cpu is ancient.  sells new for under $40.  new ram is about the same.  You are relying on the refurbisher to have done a decent job ... iffy proposition if not guaranteed by a major retailer.  suggest you avoid this ... [saw an online quote for 300 ... rofl].

• Nicey8
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Hi, it may not be worth it cos it is very old computer. Why not look for a refurbished i5-5xxx AMD or Intel core laptop? Try working part time to save the money.

• 1 month ago

i have been offered a second hand one for £149. want to use it for pretty basic things, no games, just working from home and using internet, do yoou think i'd be better looking for a slightly higher sppec?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Have a look at what they're going for on eBay.co.uk, my friend.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's ancient. Maybe £200 if it has a Quadro graphics card and I had software that required one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.