Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

Is the teacher grading my grade wrong ?

We had 3 tests so far and all are worth 100 points, I missed one test because there was no announcement on the date of that test but I took 2 other tests got 87 and 89 on it, had good grades on the assignments as well but my overall grade is D. I am confused. Don’t I supposed to be a low C or low B at least since all my other grades are close to A? I messaged teacher he said the test I missed was one third of my grade but still 64% D is too much? At least 80 percent B supposed to be my overall grade with assignments and tests combined. Is he grading my grade wrong? 

Teacher said he don’t do makeup test or retake tests 

Out of 300 possible points, then, you earned 176, which is 59% of total points possible. So for the test portion of your total grade, you did poorly.

Without knowing the points possible and earned on all the other work assigned, we can't determine if the teacher is right to give the grade he did.

No, he's not grading you incorrectly. The problem is that the test you didn't take was recorded as a 0. A zero drops an A grade to a failing grade. It's a flaw in the grading system, frankly. Out of 100 points, the F scores occupy 60 points- much more than the other grades. You haven't averaged in the zero. You need to talk to this professor about taking the test you missed. You could try converting your grades to a 4.0 scale, where a zero would have much less effect on your overall grade. 

• PW

He is correct, ask if you can take a make up test, your general concern may show him that you are trying to do good and he will let you take the test you missed. Or ask him for xtra creditvwork