Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Am I bisexual or just confusing attraction with admiration?

I've always liked to be certain abt everything & I've dealt with OCD in the past abt some things. Last April I got sexuality OCD & I thought I got rid of it, but no.

I'm 18 & female. I've liked boys since I was 11. In fact I didn't even know that there was a name for my attraction. I just crushed on guys. 

I'm attracted to guys physically, romantically, & emotionally. Even when I'm reading something written by a guy (without knowing what he looks like), I feel kinda drawn to him & it makes me want a boyfriend. I've always liked guys in a way I could never like girls. 

Many of my friends are pretty, but I've never felt attraction towards them. I just like being friends. I've been able to appreciate the beauty of a girl, but I'd rather be in a relationship with an average looking guy than the "hottest" girl in the world. My attraction for guys is more than sexual is the point.

Anyways, I've been writing a book since I enjoy creative writing. I've envisioned how my characters would look. I was on VSCO & there was a pretty girl in a bikini who vaguely reminded me of one of my characters. For a few seconds I wondered if I was attracted to her. I also just envied her body & at the most would want to be friends. But I couldn't see myself in a relationship. Has anyone experienced something similar? 

Nothing wrong with being bi! I just don't want to feel like I'm living a lie.

I've never crushed on a girl (just admired) but I've crushed on real & imaginary & celebrity guys. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

So, you're a girl who likes guys. OK there. You can appreciate attractiveness in your girl friends. No problem there. You get unexpected crushes on girls, but nothing sexual. It happens. I don't see your problem. Carry on with your life, it sounds fine to me. And good luck with the writing. BTW, I sometimes choose real people for my background characters. Some aspects of their appearance and/or character are changed but that way I never lose sight of what/who they are or what they look/sound/act like.

• 2 months ago

you're just liberal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.