Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

I accidently hit a baby on the head 7 years ago, and i feel guilty. What should I do?

Back in 2013. My mom, and I visited my cousin, and his ex wife. Their baby was there playing in a kitty pool. I was standing next to the baby, and fiddling with a dog leash I had, and swinging to around a little bit. I ended up accidently slapping the baby on the head. Not real hard, but she started crying. Her mom was wondering what was wrong, but I didn't say anything, cause I was an asshole. Sometimes I wonder if the baby developed any health conditions because of me, like retardation, or soemthing. Is it my responsibility to somehow contact my cousins x wife, and offer to pay for whatever problem the child may have. Im kind of afraid she'll blame me for something I didn't cause.

Update:

What brain damage? I didn't mention anything about their being brain damage.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Is something wrong with the child? 7 years later? You must have hurt the baby a good bit if its having problems 7 years later. It probably was from some other source and you just feel bad. Maybe a little paranoid? You probably did not cause the problem.

• 1 month ago

You've turned her into a drongo!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As it was so long ago, done accidentally and apparently no harm done.....do nothing other than learn from it to be careful 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I do hope you were playing in a "kiddy" pool and not a "kitty" pool.

If you hit the baby on the head with the leather part of the leash, you won't have caused any long-term damage. If you hit her with the metal clasp, you might have done.But surely you would know by now if the baby had grown up with brain damage.

PS You said you didn't mention anything about brain damage. But you most certainly did. If the child "develops retardation' from a blow on the head, then OF COURSE that's brain damage.

• 1 month ago

I say that it was a honest mistake, nothing to be concerned about...Look at it this way, you may have created the first genius in your family...

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you referred to "retardation", that's possible brain "damage".  Does the child seem normal to you now? If your cousin had developed any neurological or other problems in the past seven years, would you know about it?   If everything seems okay, I'd let it go, including your sense of guilt. It was accidental, there are no obvious(at least) effects. Unless you simply feel so guilty you need to "make confession" to the child's mother, I wouldn't worry too much about this. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm sure the child is fine. This was 7 years ago and you're way overdue to move forward.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, it's your responsibility to contact the child's mother, explain that you caused the brain damage but were too cowardly to admit it and offer to pay any and all medical expenses.  Was the child in the kitty's pool for very long?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.