Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 2 months ago

Is it possible for my Tax Refund Check to arrive earlier before DD?

Good morning,

My dad filed his taxes on 02/12/2021 and received both his State and Federal on Monday, 03/01/2021. I checked his IRS Refund status and it said that his return was received. It was still on the first bar.

I filed mine on 02/14/2021 and was given my mail check date on 02/26/2021. It is set to be mailed out on Thursday, 03/04/2021. 

Is it possible it has already been mailed since last week since my dad got his pretty quickly?

Update:

NOTE: I do not have a Bank Account lol so I could not ask for direct deposit. Stupid, I know.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Where's my refund said "return received" last Tuesday. On Thursday the money was in my bank account. You can't trust their website, it's not very accurate.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Anything is possible. Why didn't you ask for direct deposit?  I think the last time I got a refund, not last year, I got an email telling me it was coming and then of course it got there.  When I owe, they pull it from my bank account on 4/15. The last day. No need to pay sooner.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it's possible.

But you won't know for sure until it arrives so don't plan on it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.