Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Were the 1990's THE GREATEST TIME to be a Yankees fan?

1941 through 1964

I'm a Yankees fan from the heart, and a baseball fan period, despite not being a New Yorker.  I'm a midwesterner, and my home-state teams will always be especially dear to me.

But, I love the Yankees.  Part of it is due the franchise's longevity and history in the sport.  A lot of it is due to the individual players each year.

All of that is the impetus behind my answer.

NO.

ANY TIME is the "greatest" time to be a fan of any sports team. There's no restriction on what team you love or hate or who you want to win on any given day.

If you restrict your regard of the game and its players to a season, or decade, manager or ownership, or even social considerations, then you're missing out on the best of every game, in my opinion, because of your self-interest.  Or, more likely, because you were inculcated (and likely marketed) into rooting for "your team."

It's not about you, or any one person, despite all the petty bullshit in "fandom."

Everyone is a fan because their a fan.  I doubt most really understand why.  So every season is the best and/or worst season to be a fan of any given team depending on the reason your a fan.

Source(s): Lifetime fan of baseball's history, teams, players, everything.

How can you argue will the 1927 team.  They had 4 players who hit over 100 RBI including their two greatest players Ruth and Gehrig.

• If you don't mind the fact that The Yankee Teams prior to 1960 didn't have any Players of African, Latin, or Asian Ancestry then the 1920's through The 1950's was a greater run in terms of American League Pennants and World Series Championships.

No, there were plenty of great Yankee teams earlier.1927-1953 was even better with many of the greatest players in baseball history and 15 wins in 16 World Series played in thise seasons.

That's right around the time Yankees """"""""'"fans""""""""" came into existence

No.  1949 through 1964. 16 years. 13 world series. 

Not a Yankees fan, but I doubt it. There are other decades where they won more World Series titles and the 1927 and 1961 teams are not only considered the best teams in Yankees history, but two of the best in baseball history period. That said I would probably pick the 1930s. I think that no matter what one thinks of the Yankees, any fan of the game would love to have had a chance to see Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Joe DiMaggio.