What do you think of Rooney's Derby?

He's done alright so far steering them away from the relegation zone. They are almost pretty safe, currently have 38 points from 33 games. The efl champ is so unpredictable though where one season say 43-45 points means you are safe but some seasons you need 50+ points to guarantee safety. 

What I will say about Derby is the players aren't that good so they are where they should be in the table in my opinion.  It's not the same side that was pushing for promotion 2 and 3 seasons ago but they have a lot of young players who player under Rooney and can only improve. 

I was just wondering do you see any signs right now that Rooney can go on to become a good manager? Maybe mid table prem level or at least a good championship boss?

Probably too early to tell he hasn't even had a summer transfer window to build a team but any EFL champ fans let me know what you think so far.

• August
    Favorite Answer

They have 13 games left to avoid the drop and it doesn't look too rosy at the moment with only 6 points clear of relegation. I think he will succeed in keeping them in the championship and will be allowed to spend whatever is available in club funds for 2 experienced players either on loan or to become permanent but its really up to him to show his qualities and leadership leading up to the end of this campaign. I wish him well

• Adam

He's done an OK job so far, the key challenge is next season. That squad should never have been near the relegation zone so getting them out is no real surprise

Guys like Rooney and Gerrard make great managers because they’re one of the boys, they weren’t glamour footballers and have a passion and drive that is infectious and inspiring and their trophy cabinets back up their aura. Compare their personalities and attitudes  to Lampard who came across as a grumpy school teacher.

I think Rooney is doing well and will continue to so, the guy has an insane work ethic.  

• Monny

Not sure they're safe; walloping last night by Cardiff will have burst the bubble. 

A few good results has gotten them out of trouble but a few bad ones could put them back in it.

I'd much rather have Mick McCarthy as manager.