Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Should I stop talking to my dad about my learning disability if he says I don't have one? It really bothers me.?

If you're in school, ask to speak to a school psychologist. The school school psychologist is trained to determine whether a student has a learning disability. 

i would stop talking to your dad about it

Do you have a learning disability? Who says? Based on what? For your dad to say "I know more than the teachers, the doctors, the experts about this" is one thing. For your dad to say "I'm not going to accept that on your say so" is another. 

You should be able to talk to your dad about it.  But you should also listen.  Dwelling on your shortcomings could well be a learning disability in itself.  With or without a disability you should go about your life as if you don't and learn as much as you can.