Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Adam asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Hi what is a better breed of dog, a fox terrier or a jack russell?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have had both. The Jack Russell will need way more attention than the fox terrier. It depends on your lifestyle.

• 1 month ago

doesnt matter what you choice from . those dogs are sport breed .they are used to hunting mices and rats and small animals . and they are easy to be train and love to be outdoor activites . i used had a jack russell's 2 of them both were brother and sister .they can be little  hyper if you dont train them well. they like to dig into the ground make alot of holes and play in mud and dirt and they do get bored if they dont have any thing else to play with. they need to be groom every day or brush . once a while they do need to clean take a bath .but they are not aggressive toward strangers or children depending on if you adopt a puppy not too bad. as for fox terrier same thing but they need to be groom .they are smart breed they caught rats and big animals such ducks and birds and mouse if you ever have any mices or rats in your garage some time then fox terrier and jack russell are the best to have.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Basset Hound better than either

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What is your criteria for "better?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I can't say one is better than the other.  It is a matter of choice.  Which one do you like better?  Pick the one you like best, it will be with you for about 12 to 14 yrs or older.  Small dogs have a longer life span that the bigger dogs.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

'Better' is subjective so it depends on what dog you like, both are terriers.

• 1 month ago

Better for what?   Both are small terriers.   If you're expecting a calm lap dog...  Both are terrible ideas.

A dog that's good with kids?  Neither.   Terriers tend to be nippy.A small, but active dog to take on jogs or to the park regularly to play?   EitherIf you're wanting a dog to take care of vermin.. either one will do it.   JRT tend to be a lil more cobby/sturdier and would be more suitable for vermin larger than a rat.   Rat terriers are a lil smaller and would have an advantage of getting into smaller spaces more easily.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago
  • 1 month ago

If they were my only choices id go for a Jack Russell in all honesty Everytime. Cos i have a softspot for  J.r.t´s and their mentality in all honesty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.