Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I am trying to install FSX sim, but errors 1603 and bad sectors...  need new hard-drive - and how do I put windows 10 back on it?

I need to reformat the hard drive or repair sectors error 1603, cyclic redundency check .. trying to install flight simulator. I tried reset)) ... still bad sectors or something? Do i need a key, and how do i format the drive,.. (not reset)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Formatting a drive won't fix CRC errors. And it's more likely a problem with the disc you're installing FSX from than the hard drive. Open Command Prompt and enter "wmic diskdrive get model,name,serialnumber,status" (without quotes). If it says "OK", then there is nothing wrong with your hard drive(s).

Yes, you need a key to install Flight Simulator X. If your computer did not come with Windows 10 and wasn't upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 during the free upgrade period, then you will need a Windows 10 key to reinstall as well.

Formatting the hard drive is done when you install Windows. You delete any existing partitions, and create a new one for Windows to install to. The installer will then format the partition and install Windows to it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.