Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Nicknames for Layna?

My name is Layna (pronounced lay-nah) and I was trying to think of some nicknames, because it seems a bit formal to my friends. I was thinking Lana as it’s less syllables, what do yall think?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Laney is cute .

• 1 month ago

Lana orLlannie would be good.

• 1 month ago

Lana isn't less syllables, it's fewer letters, one fewer. Laynie? Lee? Leelee? Layne? 

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Elle would be my first choice 

Others

Anya(an-yah)

Layn/Lane

Laynie/Laney/Lanie

Ana

Ann

Annie - from Any

Nan

Nana

Nancy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Laya, Lia, Lay Lay, Laynie, Layne

• 1 month ago

Why name her one thing and call her something else? I never could understand the purpose of nicknames. Doesn't make sense.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

La la, lay lay, lane or it could be something that represents you. Smiley, sis, silly, lucky, it doesn't have to be part of your name. If you want less syllables it will be like La, na, etc.

2 syllables: LAY-NA, LA-LA, etc

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Layna and Lana are both two syllables. How about Lane or Laynie?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Layna sounds too formal? Okay, whatever. If you want a nickname, it's going to be pretty limited. Lay? Nah? Layn? Nayl?

• helene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's not "less syllables." They both have two syllables.

"Lane" has one syllable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.