Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My wife is separated from me, and says a guy she knows form 20 years ago is moving to be with her?

We have been married 15 years, she told me she wanted to divorce 6 months ago, She is from another country and says someone she knew for 20 years (when she was in her mid 20s), so presumably from her home country, is moving to our town and she won't be alone any more. It sounds like they will be a couple, but I cant imagine them moving in together right away. I assume he is moving for her not with a job. I find this very hard to believe, but if it does happen what are the chances of this being a success?

• Archer

I would not worry about her future when you have your own to work on.

• Foofa

No one can know the circumstances of your marriage and no one can know the nature of her relationship with this guy. You're asking people to guess without giving any of the pectinate data. But do know that women are capable of having a midlife crisis just like men are. 

Do you have to pay support to her of any kind?

If he moves in with her, that might cancel any spousal support. Check with your lawyer about this. Do not talk with the wife about it. They might have been talking with one another longer then you think. 

He may not be "Mr Right".  But he makes a good "Mr Right now".  Whatever success or failure means to you she wants company but not YOUR company.  Unfortunate.  Sometimes life doesn't go the way we want.

I agree with the others that nobody here would have a clue, but I'm curious why you'd even ask.  Clearly, she's moved on from you, whether this is a success or not.  Besides, if it blows up and she wants to take you back, why would you want to be her Plan B?  If I were you, I'd get pissed, serve her with papers and find someone who won't suggest "separation".  

Like any rebound relationship it is destined to fail.  

hire a good lawyer today 

• i + i

Oh, great... another "let's pretend the 

strangers on Y!A are psychic and can 

accurately predict the future". Okay, 

my crystal balls tell me that it will be 

a HUGE success, and in fact they 

are going to raise a family of three 

lovely children (one of them being 

your son). Great. Glad I could help. 

Globally, 41% of first marriages end in divorce and 60% of second marriages end in divorce.

Statistics vary by location and culture.   You gave us basically zero information but it isn't difficult for you to look this up.

Once your marriage is dissolved, her love life really is none of your business. 

Document her Adultry for divorce purposes.